myMovingneeds.com is committed to providing you with the best possible moving companies and other
moving resources to help you reduce the stress, time and cost of the moving process.
Each mover listed on our site must meet the following criteria:
- All movers must possess the proper operating authority needed to operate as a household
goods carrier. That operating authority is verified with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety
Administration’s (FMCSA) SAFER database.
- Movers must carry the appropriate amount of insurance coverage needed to transport household
goods. The company’s insurance is verified with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s
(FMCSA) SAFER database.
- State-to-State/Interstate movers must provide valid USDOT and/or MC license numbers. The
company’s license is verified with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA)
- Intrastate movers that operate within state lines must provide valid license numbers based
on State or Federal requirements. That information is verified by information provided by State
and Local agencies.
- Movers can only use their Legal or DBA Name in their interactive advertising campaign. The
company’s Legal or DBA names are verified using the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s
(FMCSA) SAFER database.
- All Interstate movers must submit a copy of their arbitration program and/or dispute resolution
proceedures. This document is provided to consumers prior to executing and Order for Service.
- Movers must be classified as either a household goods carrier or freight forwarder. The latter
to be listed under the Auto Transport category. Household moving brokers are not permitted to list
in that category.
- Each mover has acknowledged and agreed that the resale, redistribution or “brokering” of leads
to any moving company other than its intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.
At myMovingneeds.com our main goal is to provide you with an online resource to help make your
move smooth and stress free. Please understand, myMovingneeds.com is not a mover and we are not
affiliated with or responsible for any of the actions or movers listed with us. Therefore we
cannot make any representations or guarantees for any of their services rendered.
We do understand that from time to time misunderstandings, accidents or damage can happen during
the course of a move. If a problem should occur with a vendor you contracted through this website,
here’s how best to resolve the matter:
First, contact the moving company directly: A direct approach is usually the easiest way to get
resolution. If after trying this you are still not satisfied…
Contact us immediately: We will take note of your specific complaint and contact the vendor
directly and email us at help@myMovingneeds.com
Be sure to include the mover’s full name, date
of your move and the state you moved from. In order for your complaint to be forwarded to a mover
for a response you must have submitted a written quote request on this website and executed an
order for moving services with the company in question.
myMovingneeds.com has the right to remove any company from our database, if we believe that a
particular company has generated and excessive number of unresolved complaints.
The Better Business Bureau
BBB Home Page - http://www.bbb.org
The U.S. Department of Transportation
US DOT - http://www.dot.gov
Links to Specific State DOT websites - http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/webstate.htm
U.S. Department of Transportation
400 7th Street S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20590
For General Information call: 1-202-366-4000